Crisis

If I said:

"There is a crisis in America."

Most would agree, some would nod their heads.  Few would say no.

Fear is laced within most of these crises; I can hardly listen to the radio, read headlines, talk to random dude at coffee place about current events without picking up on the fear in their words.  I heard a speaker recently state that fear is actually a pretty comfortable place for a lot of us. Self-pity is probably a close second...
I think I would say that these crises, and the fear that stinks up the air, is due to the underlying crises - the Identity Crisis - or, arguably, the Prayer Crises.

Prayer is knowing a Being higher than we are, and when we know Him - when we know He is in control, there is no reason to fret, fear or look to the next crisis with full out confusion.  When I read about His will, I am able to know His character.  When I pray for His will for my city, I can better see His will playing out around me, as well as experience His will in my own heart.

Oh, God, help me.

"The LORD is my light and my salvation;

whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"
(Psalm 27:1 ESV)


David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process