You Missed This Passage 1

I've had many of these pop up while praying/studying recently - little snippets of Bible, history, etc. that I tell myself "You missed that one, David." - so, I thought i'd start a little thread via blog here to commemorate the fact I have either forgotten or completely ignored some significant events or statements in history.  Feel free to join in with these findings via comment or email.  I probably have missed the ones you're noticing as well?

I give you the musicians/singers who, by faith, worshiped their way to victory in war.  You missed this one:

“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: “Praise the LORD, For His mercy endures forever.”
Now when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.”
(2 Chronicles 20:21-23 NKJV)

Comments

  1. Fantastic idea!!! I say that to myself all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with previous comment ... this is a fantastic idea :)

    btw, i just followed your link from Karl @ guitarforworship.com ... and I am glad I did. Do you mind if I link back to you on my site?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely, rhoy. thanks for the link! i actually had a couple more of these this past week...didn't get to a computer fast enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process