Luke Wood - I belong to the man (I Would Give Anything)

Another song I figured out last fall for a worship with the word set at C-HOP. I don't believe it's recorded yet, but Luke Wood (IHOP-KC) sings it, and I'm guessing from the writing style that he wrote it as well.


Enjoy


I Would Give Anything (I belong...)
Luke Wood


Am Em D D
I belong to the man from Nazareth
He's got wounds in his feet, and scars in his hands
and He loves me with an everlasting love


I belong to the King of Israel
He conquered death and holds the keys of hell
and He loves me with an everlasting love
...an everlasting love (repeat)


Chorus:
Am Am G D


Jesus, I would give anything
nothing withhold


I would search for you
like silver and gold


That I would taste the glory of
knowing you, Lord [Am, Em, D]


Bridge:
Am - G - D - D
With all my heart,
all my soul,
all my strength.


As for other thoughts -


I have been venturing into leading with electric guitar now with band mates on Sunday evenings. So far, I have found Tremolo and Delay to be my friends, I will probably be adding some mild distortion for seasoning soon. I don't think I'll be trying this with the younger ones that I lead with, as I have to drive the music more from my guitar with them...what the acoustic is good for.


Selah: A musical term, commonly used in the days of King David. I interpret it as a time to stop and reflect. In music, I see it as a time of instrumental music and space. In the past, I thought that I should be singing all the time. Constantly. Now, I am finding out that a time of "pause" or Selah, is necessary...especially when making music for prayers, thoughts and meditation.


Is all,
David



Comments

  1. thanks for the chords and thoughts
    good stuff
    God bless you in the secret place for Cincy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much. I was going crazy looking after this song since I heard on the ONETHING conference in NY last year. We don't have the record yet, but now I can at least sing to myself lol. God Bless u!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process