Cincinnati Super Hero



I'm not the first to write about this. Lo, there is a news report, which has spanned the nation on CNN.com. Shadow Hare is the 21 year-old's name, and he's serious. He carries pepper spray, a tazer and handcuffs.

Yes. Seriously.


At first, I looked for the entertainment.
But, if you check out this guys' blog he's serious.

After I got over the image and the costume (yes, I did laugh with the reporters), I felt something inside of me arise. "Justice" is the word that Shadow Hare says when interviewed. I desire justice...in fact, when I pray, I often pray for God's justice, the kind spoken about throughout the word. Defending the poor and needy, caring for the widow and the orphan.

On his blog he states that he stopped a guy from slapping his girlfriend around one evening. Now, I understand that not everything on the internet is true (thank you, Five Iron Frenzy) but something resonated with me when he began talking about the injustice of abuse.

Whatever the motive, this guy is ready to lay down his life for another, and we know whose commission that is.

After reading, I researched citizen's arrests, which Shadow Hare performs, and found out that they do exist, and there is only one state that has made them illegal (NC). Looking particularly at Kentucky's laws, http://www.Constitution.org states:

Kentucky law holds that a person witnessing a felony must take affirmative steps to prevent it, if possible. (See Gill v. Commonwealth, 235 KY 351 (1930.)

Indeed, Kentucky citizens are permitted to kill fleeing felons while making a citizen's arrest (Kentucky Criminal Code § 37; S 43, §44.)


So, apparently I will also become a superhero if I witness a crime according to Kentucky Law. What should my superhero name be?

I'll pray for you tonight, Shadow Hare.

-David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process