Archeology

Much of my time right now is about archeology. Yes, I have been gardening; no, i'm not finding any dinosaurs.

My archeology concerns this: we all have been made for a purpose. A wise friend once told me that God doesn't make spare parts. I cannot take the place of my best friend, no matter how similar it seems we are. There has never been another you.

My issue lately is the latter part of this wisdom: God made each one of us for a purpose...and that purpose is deep inside, on the deepest part of the inside of us. The issue is, after one score and 5 years, a lot of my deepest part needs some brushing off. There's all this dirt from the world around me...bad advice from parents, friends, pastors, career coaches, TV, culture, Internet Blogs...(ahem). So, we have this project in front of us. For those following Jesus, I believe that life to the full is found in the discoveries made in this project. We must not compromise until we find this...we must stop following the dirt, or the silhouette of what we think we see deep inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process