Rebellion=Separation

As we head into the holiday and celebration of what is really important, Sarah and I have taken to reading selections from "the Jesse Tree" advent readings in the Bible to help focus on the truth about the season. Last night's reading was from Genesis about the fall of man.

I found it interesting that the sin that separated God and man was not murder or rape or drug abuse...something 'serious' like our culture would point to. It was simple rebellion.

Now, that's not too profound, but it is interesting to me that I find some of my biggest sins (willful sins) are rebellion. I choose to go against what I know is right, and end up knowing in my spirit that I have chosen the wrong path on purpose. Nothing is worse than going off the wrong exit on the freeway. It's worse when you do it on purpose.

As David prayed:

13"
Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression." (NIV)

"Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
Keep me from stupid sins,
from thinking I can take over your work.
Then I can start this day sun-washed,
scrubbed clean of the grime of sin." (MSG)
Ps. 9:13

Me too, God. Me too.

DC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process