What Is True?

Hey Friend. Welcome back.

I think through a filter of lies too often. I let my mind become something like jello sometimes. This makes it so simple for lies to come and steal away the beautiful truth of my life! No doubt, my heart is infected with this jello shield. Therefore, this post will continue by exclaiming some truths about my life.

I have friends who truly would pick up another task in their busy lives to simply do me a favor. I think of my friend and roomate Nick Schultz first when I think of someone who likes to serve. In fact, Nick used to get kind of frustrated with me when I tried to serve him. Nick will walk down to the dorm eatery and ask me if I need anything. If I do, I don't hesitate to let him know...because it is more than a common courtesy when he asks. Sarah bought me sandals a week ago because I told her that I could use them. My friend Brett spent a couple hours creating slide pictures last Wednesday for me to use in a presentation. All's I did was ask. Wow.

I can talk with God. It is true. And I do. Most of the time. Sometimes. Honestly, when I think about it, I don't utilize this opportunity hardly enough. I am able to talk with the creator of this world.

I am a man. This is much more than genetic. Being a man is the 'whole package'. John Eldredge alludes that there are key desires in a man's heart that make him a man.

I desire adventure.
I desire a beautiful companion on my journey.
I have battles to fight.


There is an enemy...and it's not my parents. I'm just learning that one now, actually; my parents aren't the enemy. But there is an enemy. God is my Father; God is my Commander. The enemy of God is Satan. The Devil. Lucifer. That makes Satan my enemy as well. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

God loves me. A hard truth to grasp, maybe impossible to understand fully. Recently I began to understand God's love through the story of creation. On the sixth day God created man:

"God spoke: 'Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature
So they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle,
And, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth.'" (Genesis, The Message)

God created man to be responsible. God had us in mind when He created us. My life has purpose: to take hold of my responsibility and to please God with it. Even after the fall, God desires me. I can walk with Him daily through His spirit. I can now look foreward to a life eternally with Him.

God works through me. Travis Esterly told me today that this is true. If I drop my ego and allow God freedom in my life, He will work through me.

What a great thing, to be used by God! I don't know how else to tell you. Contrary to alternative-thought, God created the world. A creator controls their creation. If God wants to use you, he will. However, God's patience allows us Grace, He wants to have a relationship with us, and desires to work through our problems with us and provide us everything we need.

That's a pretty good deal.

Ahh...truth.

David.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process