On The More Spiritual Side

I have probably checked my email 10 times more than average today. It is a good thing, at least I am getting back to people quickly. I was taken inside my heart by my Aunt Therese's email talking about a song by the band 'Mercy Me' entitled 'Spoken For' I believe. It was hardly mentioned in her email, but my response really revealed something that I find uncomprehensible.

I'll let you read for yourself.

I'm picking up your Jars CD and I also want to get the Mercy Me CD. Uncle Joe loves the song Spoken For . . . He says the words give him chills every time he hears it. He likes the part where the song says "that one's mine" I really like
another song on that CD but my mind is blanking right now as to what it is.
I think their song writing is great. Are you going to be home for Easter?

I got it! "Here with me"

Therese


[My Response]

Hey Aunt-T,

'Spoken For' is such an amazing song. Over the past few weeks I have
been learning a lot about God's desire. Lately, I find myself in awe;
the fact that God desires me, the fact that He has called me and has
claimed me as His Bride...just thinking about this, my heart breaks.
Why on earth would God desire me? How can God delight in me?

Zep. 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
(This verse was sitting on my roomate's desk...)

I have lived too long believing that I will never be good enough...but
God says: "You are!" All that to say, I am right there with Uncle
Joe's 'chills'.

DC


.:// I don't put this on my Blog for anything other than the fact I want to reveal a truth that I find hard to grasp. I am broken at the fact that God wants me. I don't understand why He'd want someone so selfish and sinful as me. God knows my heart. He knows every desire of my heart, and everything I ever think and every thought I entertain. I know the things I have thought before, and I know the things that I think every day.

And God still wants me.

Just as a Man desires his Bride, a Woman, so God desires me. "Ugh...why does He want me?" Ladies, if you've ever wondered this about your sig. other, guys if you ever thought the same about your woman, realize this is the reflection of God's love for us. Think back to the beginning, where God wove everything together by hand...he paints a beautiful reflection of his love in our relationships with one another.

God wants you.

If you don't believe this, I understand. I don't get it either. However, I accept this as truth.

"Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.”
[Is55:1]


DC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process