Keeping Healthy

Welcome back,

Well, I have had an interesting couple days. Yesterday I could hardly move my body, therefore keeping me indoors the whole day, no classes, no walking, etc. I am pretty sure that I had some sort of flu yesterday, and my temperature didn't break until sometime last night. mmmm! Waking up in a pool of your own sweat! Yummy.

Today I haven't really eaten anything; i've just been downing the liquids as much as possible. Nick hypothosizes that it all started with something I ate. Yuck. Food grosses me out right now.

As far as the effects of sickness, I have found it very discouraging that I cannot concentrate on my readings for classes. I realize the truth of the situation though: I am sick! My stomache aches like no other, and my body is just tired in general. I was able to go to my classes today, but I still feel defeated. Like i'm not doing good enough...ugh! What a lie...

Despite the sickness, some great news from yesterday: I have been accepted to be an RA in Rodgers Hall next year. What's even more exciting is that I will be working with my good friend, Mika Johnson! What a blessing this is for me to know one of my sisters is gonna be in the same building as myself!

.://////


So what does it mean to have real friends? This has been a topic of my interest before here on Blogspot, but I'm finding out that I really don't know what that is most of the time. To be completely transparent, I have lived my life keeping people at a distance from my heart; or at least thinking I have kept them at a distance. Any time anyone gets too close, I have an immediate reaction to push them away. When I was younger, I thought that this was what 'cool' was. To be above everyone else; distant from everyone else...to have secrets.

It all draws from many different situations in my life. Friends who turned sour on me in HS and the 4 or 5 moves from different schools when I was younger hurt my opportunities to make friends that were even somewhat real. I lived away from people; even my family I pushed out of my life. Only now am I seeing them come back into my life.

As I tread through the wounds and misunderstandings of my past, I feel a sense of reality set in. I am finally seeing things that have been so vague and opaque for too long in my life. I don't embrace them as my reality: I reject these lies and trade them for truth, for what is real!

Comments: I love them. You understand where I'm coming from? Let's chat.

DC

Loving the U2 lately, BTW. 'The Joshua Tree' is timeless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]