Supporting Our Favorite Artists

Hey Amigos,

I have recently been taking a different approach to supporting my favorite artists. Even though it's not going to every concert I can, or buying all the t-shirts, it is through a more direct buying process. I've found Snocap.com, which is a purchasing store that any artist can put their music on (even me!). The fees are minimal for artists to post, and they receive somewhere around .48c per song you purchase. (Correct me if you know a more accurate stat..that's from my research). This is more than most other music providers.

Also, I just purchased music today from Forerunner Music's MP3 page, which goes directly to the ministry. It's more like access to files you can download once purchased, but I believe that there are hardly any costs to posting the music (minus the webspace). (FYI: I got the new Misty Edwards Album, Relentless...it is a great purchase...22 tracks, great guitar work and the lyrics are solid)

I am posting this to encourage you to take up this form of purchasing. Similar to fair-trade and fair-wage desires, this form of buying will allow artists to receive more of the profit from their work, thus making it possible for them to continue the work they are doing.

A challenge to those still downloading music freely: I came to the conviction that if I wasn't going to pay the $10 or whatever it costs to buy an album, then it's not worth it anyways. I was a 'poor' college kid when I came to this conviction. I have since taken inventory of my music, deleted the free tracks, and bought the music that really mattered to me.

-David

Comments

  1. Dave,

    I'll have to check out Snocap, thanks for the tip. The best way I've thought of to support artists directly is to buy the music at the show...so this is nice.

    And I appreciate the challenge at the end. Amen.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process