You want what?

Hey Amigos,

Sarah and I dialogged this morning about communal living a bit. She has been in Acts 2 and 4 studying how the early Christians lived. Recently I found some photos of a place in UCHISAR, Turkey where the remains of original Christian (and non-believers) villages in caves. Search Google for some pictures, there are a lot. I noticed how connected these houses were, and couldn't help but connect community and close dwelling.

Some know that a friend is coming to live with us in just a couple weeks. This is a movement towards what I believe sharing my possessions openly means. Mi casa es tu casa. I want to be in the place where my belongings are no longer mine, but truly the Lord's, sharing them with people. From my house down to my coat, my chairs to my guitars.

As our friend comes to live with us, however, I believe there is something deeper needed in our commune. Problems and conflict are going to happen when people live together, we're human. I do not want the living to work, I want to love my friends. That is my goal. I want to love.

I am also having more interactions with poorer folks as we have moved into the Covington area. There are two Krogers, both close distances. One caters to middle class folk. The other caters to the poor. Even the shelves reflect that. Last night a woman asked me for some money for cigarettes. I noticed that she was on food stamps. There is a reason cigarettes are not covered in food stamps.

God is wrecking my faith lately. He is dismantling what I believe to be true and making it more like what Jesus lived. There is a famous singer from a rather popular band who is very concerned with the poor, all over the media right now. His statements are ringing more true right now with my heart.

Shane Claiborne is helping to change my mind. If you have a minute or two, read this article about the poor. It may rock you a bit, I warn you. It rocked me.

The New Monastics


God, keep on doing what you're doing.


Love.
David

Comments

  1. Hey Dave. So great to hear what the Lord is stirring in your and Sarah's heart, and that you're putting it into action.

    So did you give the lady $ for cigs? Or what did you tell her? Just curious to see what that convo. was like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATED 2021! Free your Freegal Music - Freegal App to iTunes [Your Music or MP3 Player]

Brandon Hampton - Perfected in Love Chords

All Is For Your Glory - Chords, in process